Thursday 25 November 2010

Train trip to Manchester


I have just been on a trip to
Manchester with my friend Jane - on the train! We bought our tickets and waited on the platform for the train to arrive. With a big WHOOSH! the train pulled up at the station and everyone got on board.


I sat down in my very own seat by the window. The train started moving slowly but soon it was going so very fast and the countryside was whizzing along outside.


The window was quite high up and I had to bounce and bounce (just like Tigger!) so that I could look out.
When I looked out of the window, one minute everything was sunny and then it just went black! It was really spooky but Jane said we’d just gone into a tunnel. Then it was bright again when we came out of the tunnel. I could see lots of houses and trees and even some shops when we stopped at stations along the way. The train made a chug chug chug sound. It was fantastic!



When we arrived in Manchester Jane took me on this enormous big wheel. It was so big that I had to lean right over backwards to see the top! We sat in a seat and it slowly went round and we got higher and higher and higher. I am used to most people being taller than me and suddenly I was looking down on everyone! Guess what I saw? It was amazing - when I was going up I looked across Manchester and I could see Old Trafford Football Club where Manchester United play. Then when I was going down I looked behind me and I could see The Velodrome which is where the Olympic Cycle Racing is going to happen. Wow!! At the top I was VERY VERY high up and all the people looked like ants. I waved my paw at them but I don't think they could see me.



After the ride I was starving hungry, so Jane treated me to lunch at McDonald’s. I had a Happy Meal and I got a new toy as well! Here I am sitting in a special chair for puppies that lifts you up to the table. I ate ALL my chips and burger but didn't quite finish my chocolate milk shake. Yum yum!


The trip home on the train seemed to go really quickly. Jane said this was because I fell asleep but I don’t think that was true because I was trying to look at everything as it went past. Although the chug chug chug of the train did make me a little bit dozy... 

With snuggles and spots, 
Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment