Thursday 18 November 2010

At the dog show



Last week my friend Kim invited me to take part in an RSPCA dog show. I felt so important that she wanted me to compete with all the other dogs! When we got there I couldn’t believe my eyes. There were dogs everywhere, more than I’d ever seen in my life. Big dogs, small dogs, happy dogs, snappy dogs and even a few spotty dogs like me. They were all so friendly and wanted to be my friend – let’s just say there was a lot of bottom sniffing going on!


I registered my name and was given a badge with my own special number on it. Soon it was my turn in the limelight. Kim entered me in “The dog the judge would most like to take home” class. I was really nervous as there were over 100 people and dogs watching but Kim reassured me that I’d be fine. I was right in front of another dalmatian so that made me feel better too!


We all had to walk around the ring and I wore my best smile hoping to impress the judges. When my name was announced over the speakers the crowd cheered and that made me smile even more. The judge then read out my name along with a few others. Kim whispered to me that she thought that meant I’d won a prize. I won 6th place!! The judge shook my paw and awarded me a purple rosette. She tried to pin it on my fur but a bark from me stopped her very quickly.



I was so proud of myself but I must admit I’m secretly glad I didn’t win first prize as I didn’t really want to go home with the judge anyway. I’ve put my rosette up on my wall in pride of place – I don’t think it’ll be coming down for a very long time!
 

With love and spots,
 
Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment